Bollywood remembers 26/11 Part 1

Bollywood remembers 26/11 Part 1



B-Town folk on where they were last year on this date, and what they will do today

The names that follow may or may not have been in the thick of things as the tragic events of 26/11 unfolded. But one thing is certain, it affected them all profoundly. They remember the day and reveal what they will do this year in remembrance of that day.


Celina Jaitly
I was saved from the attack on Trident hotel by 15 minutes. It's sad that after the ghastly 26/11 attack, the Indians' anger and outrage lasted only a few days. Kasab is still in jail and everyone has moved on without making the correction in our security system that made the attack possible. This is alarming.


Dino Morea
I was in Los Angeles on 26/11 last year. Watched it all on TV. If I could reverse the clock, I'd love to wipe out the horror of that day and make it just another normal day in Mumbai. This year on 26/11, I want Kasab to be sentenced. What is this game that is being played regarding his hand in 26/11?


Rajeev Khandelwal
Last year, I was in Spain on 26/11 and this year, I feel the ghost is returning only around 26/11 whereas it should have haunted us everyday. Very soon, it will be forgotten only to be remembered again next year. I hope, we as citizens, should unite and never let the administration and people in general bury or forget the losses of this day and convey to the perpetrators that they dare not toy with the thought of repeating it again.


Vivek Oberoi
I was shooting in Philadelphia with Saif, Bebo and Rensil. We were worried sick about our families and friends and so scared and shocked at what's happening to our Mumbai. Felt very helpless being so far away. My cousin works at the Oberoi and my family and I were panicking, but he was very lucky to have finished his shift just ten minutes before the attack. I hope and pray that our city, our nation, our people never have to go through such a tragedy again.I want to be shoulder to shoulder with many other proud and responsible Mumbaikars, hoping to give our patriotic fervour and emotions a constructive channel to actually make a difference. To be inspired by the memory of our heroes and not let their sacrifices be in vain.


Adnan Sami
I remember I was heading towards the Taj for a Japanese meal on 26/11. My song 'Mumbai City' with Jermaine Jackson contains my tribute to the spirit of 26/11. We won't go down into the night, no matter what.


Manoj Bajpai
I had just returned from Malaysia on 26/11 last year. I'll be shooting in Dubai this year.


Sonu Sood

I was in an event at the Marriott on 26/11 last year when suddenly everyone panicked. I didn't realise anything was seriously amiss until I saw the news. Nothing worse could've happened to Mumbai. I feel it's time we collectively stood up against terrorism.