St Trinian's 2 : The Return Of The Girls

The return of the girls from St Trinian's... and they say standards are slipping


The Posh Totty clique are back in the modern film's sequel, St Trinian's 2, including its' kingpin Tamsin Egerton - who this time has two new sidekicks...

St Trinian's 2
Causing trouble at St Trinian's: Chelsea (Tamsin Egerton, centre); Saffy (Gabriella Wilde, far left)
and Bella (Clara Paget, far right)

St Trinian's doesn't have a politically correct heritage. The original cartoons by Ronald Searle were anarchic and often cruel, and the films featured the offspring of gangsters.

Nowadays, of course, it's all about being yourself - especially if ' yourself' is a self-indulgent brat. The Posh Totty clique are back in the modern film's sequel, St Trinian's 2, starring Colin Firth and David Tennant.

Rupert Everett reprises his role as Miss Fritton, along with Gemma Arterton and Posh Totty kingpin Tamsin Egerton - who this time has two new sidekicks...


St Trinian's 2
St Trinian's 2






Tasmin EgertonTamsin Egerton, 21: Chelsea

I'm not outgoing, stroppy or sexually forward - so there's nothing of myself in Chelsea at all.

I'd also like to think I'm pretty intelligent.

Girls are bitchy when they're all lumped together.

At least, that's what people think, but we bonded quite amazingly on set. We still all go out together.

The new movies are very different from the old ones.

The raw, cheeky Englishness is still there - but now it's geared towards children not adults.

As a child I was called Bambi.

Not because I was cute - it was my spindly legs and knobbly knees.

Pranks? Not me.

My older sister was the naughty one. She put a first year in a big bin, dragged it up the stairs to the staff room, knocked on the door and ran off. The poor boy got into a lot of trouble for that.
Gabriella Wilde
Clara Paget

Gabriella Wilde, 20: Saffy

I wouldn't consider myself posh totty, but I did go to an all-girls private school.

The pranks at my school were never really vicious - just silly traditions, like the first years having to sneak into areas where they weren't allowed. In the Upper Sixth it got a bit more adventurous. But I'd left by then, so I missed out on all that.

Saffy is very shallow.

Tamsin's character, Chelsea, is always one step ahead of me - or rather, I just follow everything Chelsea does. If there's anything that distinguishes my character, it's that I'm a little bit more stupid. To be fair, none of us are that bright.

Clara Paget, 20: Bella

I'd always wanted to get into acting.

I haven't done any courses in it or anything but I've always been a drama queen.

We were awful to our teachers at school.

We played that game where you take it in turns to say a rude word louder and louder. In the end, everyone would be screaming...

St Trinian's 2

'St Trinian's 2' is out on December 18

Watch the trailer to St Trinians 2 here...