Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows

Daniel Radcliffe had been afraid of this. Probably for years. That final walk into a sinister forest as Harry Potter faces off against Lord Voldemort at the end of "Deathly Hallows." It's the scene Harry has been building to since He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named killed his parents and the boy wizard landed at Hogwarts.

"I'm kind of dreading [it], because I don't know still how I'm going to do that," Radcliffe told MTV News about shooting the scene.

That was back in July of 2009. By early the following year, Radcliffe had completed the anxiety-inducing scene. But it was no easy task, taking six full days of shooting to get the epic Harry vs. Voldemort battle right.

"It was just one of those scenes where I think because I put a lot of pressure on myself to get it right beforehand, I wasn't able to relax and enjoy it as I might have done otherwise," Radcliffe told us in March. "I was slightly annoyed about that."

And now, we finally get to see (in part, anyway) what all the fuss is about, because Harry's forest walk is featured prominently in the new "Deathly Hallows" trailer, which premiered online Monday. If Radcliffe was indeed as fearful about the scene as he suggested, the actor made good use of those nerves.

The Harry Potter we see enter the woods to greet Voldemort is a trembling one who clutches his wand and moves forward toward certain death. He has come to sacrifice himself so that others might live. It is a courageous decision, yet a fraught one: Harry loves Ginny, and he does not want to die. All these emotions are writ across Radcliffe's face as he approaches Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest.

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived ... come to die," the dark wizard says.

Harry gulps, closes his eyes. This is the end. Voldemort unleashes a ferocious scream. And so their fight begins. As "Harry Potter" fans know, that brawl gets brutal. Even more brutal, of course, than the shoot needed to capture it.

"It was really hard," Radcliffe said. "It was one of those scenes where by the third day of it, we were going, 'I don't know if I like this one as much as I did in the beginning.' It was really, really tough."

What do you think of the new "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer?