Vanessa Carlton: I'm Bisexual And Proud

Vanessa CArlton: I'm Bisexual And Proud
'I'm Bisexual,' Vanessa CArlton Tells Crowd of 18,000

Performing at Saturday's Nashville Pride concert, Vanessa CArlton announced live to a crowd of 18,000 fans that she is bisexual.

"I've never said this before, but I am a proud bisexual woman," she said. According to the concert's website, this was the event's 22nd year of "celebrating the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Middle Tennessee." Carlton headlined the event.

Carlton, not known to currently be involved with anyone, was previously linked to John Mayer and Third Eye Blind frontman Stephen Jenkins.

'True Blood' starlet Anna Paquin also recently announced her own bisexuality.

Carlton broke out with 2002's 'Be Not Nobody,' an album that went platinum in the U.S. and gold in three other countries. Her fourth album, 'Rabbits on the Run,' is set for release this year. See the video for her first hit, 'A Thousand Miles':

"It wasn't like it was a big secret," Anna Paquin said of her headline-grabbing reveal earlier this year. "It was just a cause I cared about and privately supported, but not one that I had ever had an opportunity to speak out about in a way that would be useful. Obviously I know that one person's voice doesn't necessarily do that much, but I just wanted to do my bit."