MoniKangana Dutta All Set for Victoria's Secret

MoniKangana Dutta All Set for Victoria's Secret

Monikangana Dutta, who will debut in Bollywood with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish, is all set to join the league of supermodels Heidi Klum and Gisele Bundchen, as she has been selected to become a Victoria's Secret Angel.


Monikangana Dutta is all set to model for Victoria's Secret. The supermodel, fondly known as Moni, will be the first Indian to represent the prestigious brand. "I have not given up modelling. I have been selected as one of the six Victoria's Secret Angels," she said

Monikangana, who earlier appeared in fashion magazines like Elle and Vogue, is the first Indian model to become an Angel (main model) of the high-profile lingerie brand. The others include the likes of Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr.

Moni will soon be flying to Milan in Italy for a glamorous photoshoot that will launch her as a Victoria's Secret Angel. Global supermodels such as Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Marisa Miller and Alessandra Ambrosio are among the label's chosen ones.

"It has been my fantasy to be a Victoria's Secret model. So, it's a dream come true. I think every female model wants to achieve this feat. It's a big achievement since I will represent the brand throughout the world," Moni said.

The model, who is all set to make her silver screen debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish later this year, said she will start preparing for the shoot once the film's publicity was over. "In Milan I will meet Angels from all over the world. I am not aware of the details yet since the deal was finalised only recently," Moni said.

Incidentally, she is represented by global modelling agency IMG, which also represents names such as Bundchen and Naomi Campbell.

Certainly, it's "a big deal" for Moni. Probably that's the reason she made an exception this time, considering she had bid adieu to modelling after entering Bollywood.

"Right now, the brand deal is giving me sleepless nights," Moni said, confessing she was a bit "nervous" about her film debut too.

"I have always taken time to decide things without going for drastic steps. So, I'm quite confident this is a wise decision," she said about modelling for the lingerie line.

About her Bollywood debut, Moni said she was initially not interested in acting. "Even when I was doing a course at Anupam Kher's acting school, I wasn't keen on pursuing acting. But I chose to do the course to find out if I could really do justice to a character as an actor," she said. "Money and fame were never big considerations, given the fact that I have been modelling since I was 16," she added.

That could be the reason why she rejected several film offers that had been coming her way. Finally, Moni went to the acting school only for a few days before deciding that she was ready to take a plunge into Bollywood.

"I am confident about my work. But I feel nervous about people's reactions to what I do," she said. "Bollywood is a completely different profession. It's tough as I chose to turn to acting at the peak of my modelling career," she added.

She claimed her role in Guzaarish was "different" but couldn't "reveal much about the film or my role at this juncture". She said: "All I can say is I play Hrithik Roshan's love interest in the film. She added that it will be a tough task for her to choose her next films after working with a filmmaker of Bhansali's stature."