Manoj Tiwari Shweta Tiwari Relation

Manoj Tiwari Shweta Tiwari Relation

Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari, the latest to be evicted out of reality show Bigg Boss 4, admits that his wife doubts his loyalty due to actress Shweta Tiwari, but clarifies that he knows her only professionally.

"I do have issues in my marriage. My wife has always doubted my relationship with Shweta, but I never told Shweta about it until we met in Bigg Boss. I never felt the need to tell her because we hardly used to meet otherwise. I always knew her only professionally," Manoj told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

The actor, singer and director, who has been living separately from his wife and daughter for the past few months, says if he had any romantic involvement with Shweta, it couldn't have been hidden on a show like Bigg Boss.

"In Bigg Boss, we were in a house where there are cameras 24X7... you cannot hide feelings and emotions all the time. So if there was anything between us, it would have come through once or twice. But there was and there is nothing between Shweta and me," said Manoj, who has featured in Bhojpuri films like Sasura Bada Paise Wala and Daroga Babu I Love You.

Shweta, who became a household name after the success of Kasautii Zindagii Kay on the small-screen, is separated from Raja Chaudhary, and lives with her daughter Palak. When she came to know about the concern of Manoj's wife, she decided to clear matters after Bigg Boss 4.

But Manoj says it is no longer required. "I told Shweta that I have been trying to convince my wife and I can handle this alone. I was never good friends with Shweta, I just shared a cordial relation with her. We became friends in Bigg Boss and I did not like the fact that she went against me towards the end of my stay. I don't think I can connect with her anymore," the 45-year-old said.

"My issue is that when Shweta and Samir (Soni) came to know that Ashmit (Patel) was bitching about me, why didn't they tell me? As friends they should have been honest. I was extremely frustrated when I left the Bigg Boss 4 house because I felt cheated, not because I was evicted," he said.

Though Manoj feels "relaxed" after being out of the show, he says it is hard to digest the fact that Ashmit received more votes from the public to stay on the show.

"I am amazed that Ashmit got more votes than me! I cannot believe it still! But I guess the fake Ashmit Patel-Veena Malik story is being liked by everyone and I am sure it is the channel's decision to keep them in," he said.