Ragini Khanna aka Suhana Kashyap interview

Ragini Khanna aka Suhana Kashyap interview

Recently Star Plus’s ‘Sasural genda Phool’ completed 200 episodes. Everyone associated to the show is elated at achieving this milestone. But the person who sounded most satisfied and happy was none other than the female lead of the show Ragini Khanna aka Suhana Kashyap.

Q. How does it feel your show ‘Sasural genda Phool’ has completed 200 episodes?

Ans. It feels really great. I didn’t even realize it when we finished 200 episodes. It was only when the announcement of the party was made that I realized that actually we have finished 200 episodes.

Q. We heard that you want your show to complete 1000 episodes. In today’s trend don’t you think it is very difficult for a serial to sustain for so long?

Ans. Yes I would love to see my show finish 1000 episodes but only to the extent when it does not get dragged. It feels really bad when you put so much effort in a show and viewers find it boring. So I would only want my show to be on screen till the time viewers feel it is interesting and not beyond that.

Q. What is the USP of ‘Sasural Genda Phool’?

Ans. It’s the storyline of the show that is its USP. Every character is so different from each other. The show is very real. People are able to relate with the characters. You might find a Suhana or Ishan or Badi Maa in your family or in your neighborhood.

Q. The show doesn’t have a vamp or villain are generally seen in tele shows. What do you have to say for that?

Ans. Exactly what I meant in my last answer. I mean you don’t generally see a vamp or villain in families. It is very rare that a person is so bad. Mostly people of a family are different from each other. They end up in fights and misunderstanding because they understand things differently and not because they are bad by heart or they want to hurt each other. Similarly in Kashyap family too people are very different and they know how to adjust with each other and love each other.

Q. Which has been your favorite sequence or episode among these 200 episodes?

Ans. Oh this is very difficult. There are many many many scenes which are my favorite.

Q. But still please list at least one for us?

Ans. Ok. It has to be the scene when Badi Maa is ill and I am taking care of her. I sit down and tell her about my entire life. It really touched me the way I told her how my childhood went without a mother. It’s really nice the way she calmly listens to all my problems and solve it for me like a mother would do.
Q. Which character is your favorite character?
Ans. It has to be Ishan’s character. I simply adore his character. He is so calm, composed and patient. It’s really great the way he keeps loving Suhana without expecting anything in return

Q. Whose company do you enjoy the most on sets?

Ans. Again it is Ishant’s (Jay Soni) company I enjoy the most. We are little kids on the sets. We are never quiet. We keep talking endlessly on the sets. By default we spend most of the time together on sets because most of our scenes are together. So this is also a plus point.

Q. How similar is Suhana to Ragini?

Ans. Not at all. We are very different from each other barring a few similarities.

Q. What are those similarities?

Ans. Both of them are pure at heart and very honest.

Q. What would you like to convey to your fans?

Ans. I would like to Thank them for liking me and my show so much. If it wasn’t for them the show wouldn’t have been so successful. I hope they keep watching and appreciating us so that we again don’t realize when the next 200 episodes will finish. (Laughs)