Ranjitha say I am not in the Video with Swami Nithyananda

Ranjitha say I am not in the Video with Swami Nithyananda

Actress Ranjitha on Friday claimed she was not the woman in the sle@zy video involving Swami Nityananda.

Breaking her silence after the sex scandal broke out in March 2010, Ranjitha told a press conference her first public appearance since then that she is ready to reveal the names of those behind the video if she is given security cover.

"I was very scared for my life and that of my family. However, if I and my family are assured of 100% security by the chief minister of that state (Tamil Nadu), I am ready to name the persons behind it. These people are working with Lenin (former driver),'' she charged.

"I want to live some more years" was her reply when asked why she was hesitating to reveal the names of those alleged conspirators.

"I'm very scared. They have threatened me against revealing the names. They are people with political backing and power. I have no backing. My family is behind me,'' she said.

Commenting on the video clip which purportedly showed her in a compromising position with Nityananda, she said: "It is fabricated. I am not the person in it. In fact, at that time, I was in a room that I was sharing with another female devotee in the Dhyanapeetham ashram."

"I blame myself for this. It has affected my career though some people still ahve faith in me.''

Haven't met Nityananda

"I had left for USA on March 3. I have not met the swamiji since these happenings. I did come back in June and gave my statement. I have cooperated with the CID. I am a volunteer of Nityananda Dhyanapeetam. If time permits, and if they agree, I will certainly visit the ashram. In the last six months, many disturbing things happened. I was in Philadelphia. I'm tired of being hounded, bullied and threatened like this. I was not hiding, as some sections of the media have portrayed. I was deeply hurt by this. I've given a complaint against Lenin and others before the Ramanagaram court....," Ranjitha explained when asked why she took so long to respond.

What is in the complaint

In the complaint, Ranjitha claimed R Shridhar, a Chennai advocate, had said he would not release pictures of Nityananda's lookalike and her lookalike together if she (Ranjitha) paid Rs 20 crore.

She also complained that Lenin had tried to outrage her modesty and also issued threats when she visited the ashram in February. Lenin would take photographs of brahmacharinis at the ashram and used to morph them.

While expressing lack of faith and confidence in the Bidadi police, Ranjitha appealed to the court to order for registration of cases against Lenin, America-based Aarthi Rao and Chennai advocate Shridhar under the provisions of IPC on charges of attempt to rape, extortion, acts intended to insult the modesty of women.