Amanda Bynes Twitter | Amanda Bynes: 'I've Retired' From Acting

amanda bynes twitter
Amanda Bynes: 'I've Retired' From Acting
Amanda Bynes is done acting, the 24-year-old star announced on Twitter.

That’s right! Amanda Bynes has decided she is done with her acting career…forever.

"Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," she tweeted from her verified account. "If I don't love something anymore I stop doing it. I don't love acting anymore so I've stopped doing it."

However, she admitted that she's a little young to call it quits already.

"I know 24 is a young age to retire but you heard it here first," she tweeted. "I've #retired."

According to her official twitter page, she no longer enjoys acting so she is not going to do it anymore:


Following her star-making roles on Nickelodeon's sketch comedy "All That" and her own show on the network, "The Amanda Show," Amanda starred alongside Jennie Garth on the WB sitcom "What I like About You" and hit the big screen in such films as "She's The Man" (Her last film was Sydney White, which came out in 2007. I must say that my favorite Amanda Bynes film was "She’s The Man.") and "Hairspray."

If she holds true to her retirement revelation, her last film project may be the fall comedy "Easy A," co-starring Emma Stone, due September 17.

At the ripe age of 24, Bynes seems to have a long career path ahead of her, but she seems to be cutting it short. Not sure what the reason is, it looks to be that it is simply not fun anymore…